Sunday, September 1, 2013

Time Saving Tip #1 Basic Food Preparation

Not having enough time was the excuse I clung onto for years before deciding that it was time to take control of my body and my health. I remember saying all the time that I was too busy with work and the kids to work out and eat right. Believe it or not though, once I started doing things a little differently, I had more time and was much less tired.

Tip #1 Get a tabletop grill if you don't have one or

a crockpot if you don't already have one and some zip and steam bags...


see where I am going with this?


You won't be able to get around eating right and eating often.  The Mommy Machine needs fuel!

I like to spend one day on the weekend cooking and preparing the "foundations" of the meals for the week.  I generally freeze half and refrigerate half.  I don't like eating something that has been sitting in the fridge for over three days.  


Examples of things I make ahead are:

shredded chicken breasts divided into 3oz servings.

browned lean beef

grilled chicken tenderloins

grilled tilapia

turkey meatloaf

roasted vegetables


I also like to make egg white, spinach, turkey, and cheese omelets so I don't have to cook them in the morning and can just warm them up!

I love the zip and steam bags because I can just toss broccoli, kale, asparagus etc in it and then microwave it when needed (even at work) so I have freshly steamed veggies!

It is easier to eat healthy meals every three to four hours if it is prepared and in a cooler you can easily take with you.

Yes this may take a few hours on the weekend  but actually frees up valuable time during the week.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment