Saturday, August 31, 2013

Active...yes! Fit....not quite there but Mommy is working on it!

Like many other women throughout time, I gained a boatload of weight while pregnant with my first child and then just when I was dropping some of it, BAM! I was pregnant again. Well, that was over four years ago and I am still carrying some extra fat. Join me while I work my tail off to become a lean, mean, mommy machine! You won't see amazing before and after transformation pictures on this blog....well at least not until I get to the "after" picture stage. At the end of July I joined a facebook group of people working to get in better shape. Through exercise, monitoring my diet, and the accountability and support from the group I have actually seen the most dramatic results I have experienced thus far and I am far stronger and healthier than I have ever been in my life! For 3/4 of my 35 years I was too skinny to donate blood, then when I was 29 I got pregnant with my first child and gained a whopping 75lbs! I actually weighed more coming out of the hospital after Wyatt was born than I did before I went in. For the entire pregnancy I blamed my weight on the baby, who was only 5lbs at birth. Then I blamed it on my second child, Piper, who came soon after the first. Having two so close in age was chaotic to say the least. But it is for these two little bundles of chaos that I have decided to not only lose the weight, which I have succeeded at for the most part, but to also become strong and live an active and healthy lifestyle for them to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment